A Fund is an item which accepts donations. In many cases, a single "General Fund" may be the only fund for donations. However, some organizations also accept donations to items like a "Benevolence Fund" or "Building Fund." Optionally, each fund can be associated with a department and/or income account. These items will help the transaction be reconciled on the Transaction Report.
Creating/Editing a Fund
- Navigate to Site Administration
- Click [Site Preferences]. You will be directed to the Site Preferences page.
- Click the Payment tab.
- Click [Fund Administration]
- Click on the name of the item you wish to edit or click [New Fund].
- Enter the name of the fund.
- Optionally, select the appropriate Department/Income Account.
- Optionally, enter a descriptive Memo.
- Click the Save button.
Click the delete button () corresponding to the fund you wish to delete.
Like the Department and Income Account, the Memo will be displayed on the Transaction Report to help reconcile each transaction. These fields are optional, to be used for your accounting purposes. Please consult with your accounting staff to determine how these should be handled.