With the iMinistries CMS platform it is easy to add a PayPal donation button to your website. To add this to your website make sure that you have a PayPal account setup and ready to accept donations.
Here are two helpful links to support articles on the PayPal website to get you started:
Acquire the value from your PayPal account.
- Login to your PayPal account.
- Click the Merchant Services tab link.
- Under the Create Buttons section click Donate.
- On the next page you can fill out the Organization name/service field and the Donation ID if you'd like. You can also change the currency and decide if the user can enter their own amount or set a fixed amount.
- Click the Save Changes button.
- The next page presents you with some code to embed on your website. You will only need to copy a small portion of the code called the value.
- To get this code, hit the Remove code protection link to the top left of the form field that houses the embed code.
- You will need to get the 13 character code that is labeled value. Because the code is intended to be copied in it's entirety, you will not be able to select just those numbers on the PayPal website. You will need to write it down so you can use it later on your website. Or copy and paste all the code to another text editor, then copy the code you need.
Add the Donate button to your website.
- Login to your website.
- Navigate to the page you want to add the button to and edit that page.
- Click in the text editor and place the cursor where you would like to insert the button.
- Click the Widget Manager button.
- Scroll down to find the Pay Pal Widget.
- Add your 13 character value in place of the 13 character value text in the code.
- Click Add.
- Save changes to add it to your site.
You now should see the PayPal donate button. It will look like this.