The Event Scheduling component of our system is very powerful. You can control your event in a variety of ways. You can have your event occur only once, or you can configure it to reoccur by giving it a Weekly, Monthly, or Annual schedule. Events can be set to reoccur on a specified schedule. There are several different options for recurrence. Most options require you to set a start and end date, these dates control the outer boundaries of the event.
- One-Time: This event happens on a single date. (e.g. 10/18/2006)
- Daily: This event happens every X days (e.g. every 2 days between 2/15/2006 and 2/28/2006).
- Weekly: This event happens every X weeks on a specified day of the week (e.g. on Tuesday of every 2 weeks).
- Monthly #1: This event happens on the same calendar day each month (e.g. on the 15th of each month).
- Monthly #2: The event happens on the same weekday each month (e.g. on the 2nd Wednesday of each month).
- Yearly #1: This event happens on the same calendar month and day each year (e.g. on February 21st of each year).
- Yearly #2: This event happens on the same weekday in a month each year (e.g. on the 3rd Tuesday in February each year).
Your site will use these settings to automatically populate your site's calendars and event listings.
To properly create an event, be sure to not only describe and configure its recurrence, but also supply an event name, location, and an appropriate publishing status.