Think of a course on your website much like you would if you were registering for a course in college. At a university, there are multiple “sessions” of Theology 101. The course is offered by multiple teachers, on different days, and at different times.
This is exactly how courses work in our system.
If you offer an event several times per year, create a Course and fill it with separate events. This will help users find and register for a date and time that works best for them. By creating a Course, you can more easily organize your reoccurring events.
How to Create a Course
- Navigate to your Ministry Administration.
- Click on [Course Admin].
- Click on [New Course].
- Enter in the Name of the Course.
- Enter a Description.
- Review the Post Date.
- Enter an Expiration Date.
- Enter the Cost if applicable.
- Click the Save button.
Adding Events to your Course
There are two ways to add evens to your courses.
In Course Administration
- In Course Administration, click the [Schedule] link next to the course.
- Fill out your event and save. (Click here for further instruction on event creation)
- Repeat to schedule more events, as needed.
In Events Administration
- Create a new event or select an existing one.
- Select your course in the Course drop down (your Course must be Published to appear in the drop down menu).
- Finish creating/editing your event details (Click here for further instruction on event creation)
After all events are Published, they should be listed under your Course.