Within Site Preferences, there is an option available that allows you to add links to the My page on your site. These links will be show up along the left or right panel on your site along with the standard links on the page (e.g., My Orders, My Registrations, User Profile, etc.)
This does require manipulation of simple XML, so this isn't for the faint of heart.
To add links to the page:
- Visit Administration
- Expand Site Controls panel
- Click Site Preferences
- On the General tab, click the My Page Links Administration
This page will display just a large area for text. This expects that you will input an XML fragment. This XML must be in the correct format. It should start with a links element. Within the links element, there should be one or several link elements. Each link element may have:
- A name attribute, required, this is the text that will displayed for the link.
- A url attribute, required, this will be the url to which the user will be directed.
- A target attribute, not required, these are standard HTML targets. Use "_blank" for a new window to be opened.
- An f1att attribute, not required. For customers using our Fellowship One integration, this allows the link to be displayed or not displayed based on the existence of an attribute. Please be aware that the value must be an exact match to a Fellowship One attribute. If no f1att attribute is provided, the link will display.
The following is an example of valid XML:
<links> <link name="Google" url="http://www.google.com" target="_blank" /> <link name="iMinistries" url="http://www.iministries.org" /> <link name="Small Group Request" url="/GroupRequests.aspx" /> </links>